Following the ransomware cyber attack on Friday 12 May which affected the NHS and is believed to have affected other organisations globally, the City of London Police’s National Fraud Intelligence Bureau has issued an alert urging both individuals and businesses to follow protection advice.
The advice is shown below and can also be downloaded as a PDF document here.
Our next Fraud & Cybercrime Forum meeting includes a session from City of London Police where this will no doubt be one of the topics for discussion, there are just a couple of spaces left, check the agenda and register here:
The following is a list of other useful resources:
- Subscribe for updates from #TheFraudTube
- Further information about the incident can be found on the National Cyber Security Centre website
- You may also find the information provided on the nomoreransom.org website useful.
- Also of interest may be the post incident report produced after a ransomware incident that effected the Lincolnshire NHS trust last year. The report can be found at lincolnshire.gov.uk
- Finally if you are not already a member of the CiSP network, a platform for cyber threat intelligence sharing, please see the NCSC website for further information.