- This event has passed.
Workshop: Fraud & Cybersecurity Awareness, April 2016
April 6, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£195.00
This workshop is applicable to anyone who has access to the internet in their day to day duties and those who need to have some knowledge about how fraud and cybercrime can adversely impact upon their specific job role, employer or business.
It assumes that delegates have little or no specific knowledge of fraud and cybercrime and will deliver an interesting and interactive programme where you will learn about key fraud issues and risks and how to spot the warning signs that fraud may be occurring.
By exploring key themes such as identity fraud and cybercrime, delegates will not only learn how to be safe in the workplace but also at home and thus reducing the risk of becoming a victim of a fast growing crime which can be highly distressing and costly.
10:00 Registration & Welcome Coffee
10:45 Defining Fraud & Cybercrime
11:30 Cybercrime: How to Identify Risks on the Internet
12:30 Lunch & Networking
13:30 Social Media & identity Theft (Case Study)
14:15 Risks Within the Workplace
14:45 Afternoon Coffee
15:00 Payments Fraud
15:30 Open Session / Q&A
16:00 Workshop Close
* Timings are approximate and subject to change
Delegates are also invited to remain with us for the a networking party in the evening.
This workshop is free to attend for existing members of The Fraud & Cybercrime Forum (limited to two delegates per member company)
This event would not be possible without the kind support of the following sponsors:
Workshop Facilitator: Darren Hodder
Darren is the director of Fraud Consulting Ltd, which was incorporated in July 2009 to provide vendor neutral fraud consultancy services to clients covering financial services, banking, telecommunications and insurance industries, both in the UK and internationally.
His experience ranges from working on single portfolio in-house solutions through to national fraud bureaux and data sharing initiatives. Prior to his current position Darren worked for Experian Decision Analytics (EDA) where he held various roles within the Fraud & Identity Solutions and Global Technology groups over a 10 year period.
Darren is an active member of the Fraud Advisory Panel, IAFCI and the ACFE. He is also a member of the editorial board for E-Finance & Payments Law & Policy published by Cecile Park Publishing.
Follow Darren on twitter: @FraudAssist
About The Fraud & Cybercrime Forum
The Fraud & Cybercrime Forum is a membership forum. The cost of subscription is currently £600 per year and provides you, and your organisation, with the following benefits:
- Access to a minimum of 4 forum meetings annually, each of 1 day duration for any 2 members of staff within your organisation
- Access to members to share experiences and draw on each other’s knowledge
- Development and enhancement of best and new practice in tackling fraud & cybercrime
- Build personal and professional networks among peers and subject experts
- Access to a members only website which includes presentations and materials from previous meetings
- Regular email alerts and updates including a daily media alert from Operation Sterling
- Input into UK law enforcement and other bodies to steer policy and gain access to intelligence
- Earn CPD / CPE points by attending our meetings
If you would like to subscribe then please contact us directly. If your organisation is interested in sponsoring the forum then please also contact us via email.