- This event has passed.
The Fraud & Cybercrime Forum
April 21, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
We are pleased to confirm the agenda for the forum meeting on 21st April in Birmingham & we have some spaces for guests and prospective new members.
09:30 Arrival & Coffee
10:00 Welcome & Introductions
- Forum news & updates
(Darren Hodder, Manager Fraud & Cybercrime Forum)
10:30 Cyber Response: Who and How.
- How to deal with a cyber attack
- Response plans and actions to recover from an incident
- Who needs to be involved and what support is available
(Mike Hurst, Director, Cyber Enabled Crime Prevention and Detection, CSCSS)
11:15 Coffee Break
11:30 Cyber Insurance
- Evolving state of the market
- Different types of cyber insurance / considerations for coverage
- Schemes and certifications
(Rachael Shoer, Senior Development Underwriter – Financial Lines, AIG)
12:15 An Overview of the BIS Cyber Essentials Scheme
- Cyber Essentials – What is it?
- Basic Recommendations
- Simple effective measures
(Sarb Sembhi, Director, Storm Guidance)
13:45 A-Z of Fraud & Cybercrime: Workshop
- Following on from previous forums, we aim to collaboratively build a resource which can be shared with the members and the wider community.
- We will work in small groups to build a profile of a range of specific types of fraud / cybercrime
14:30 Wrap up & Close, Networking
Joining the Fraud & Cybercrime Forum
The Fraud & Cybercrime forum is a membership forum. The cost of subscription is currently £600 per year and provides you, and your organisation, with the following benefits:
- Access to a minimum of 4 forum meetings annually, each of 1 day duration for any 2 members of staff within your organisation
- Access to members to share experiences and draw on each other’s knowledge
- Development and enhancement of best and new practice in tackling fraud & cybercrime
- Build personal and professional networks among peers and subject experts
- Access to a members only website which includes presentations and materials from previous meetings
- Regular email alerts and updates including a daily media alert from Operation Sterling
- Input into UK law enforcement and other bodies to steer policy and gain access to intelligence
- Earn CPD / CPE points by attending our meetings
If you would like to subscribe then please contact us directly. If your organisation is interested in sponsoring the forum then please also contact us via email.